Homepage

Glass-Making History Museum, Nový Bor

The Glass‑Making History Museum in Nový Bor has been in existence for more than one hundred years. It is located in the centre of the town, in the Empire-style house the development of which is closely related to the history of Czech glass production and trading in the region of the Lužické hory.

Jan Kryštof Socher , trader in glass, had the building built in 1804. The anchor in the sandstone portal symbolises overseas trade. It documents the trading activities of its owners in the countries of Central America in the first half of the 19th century.

Copies of historical glass, modern and traditional glass jewellery, catalogues to the exhibitions held in the Museum and technical literature on glass-making may be bought in the Museum.

Expositions: the developments of the styles and technologies as applied in Czech glass-making and short-term exhibitions dedicated to significant phases of the glass-making history, visual artists, glassworks and technical schools.

mailNovy Bor

Náměstí Míru 105, Nový Bor, 473 01

Phone:+420 487 726 196
E-mail:muzeum@novy-bor.cz
Web:www.glassmuseum.eu
Services and facilities
Parking
Parking for buses
Museum Specification
fine arts

You could be interested in

load