Homepage

Glass-Making History Museum, Kamenický Šenov

The permanent exposition also documents the development of engraved and cut glass since the 17th century until the present. It is supplemented with the exposition of crystal light fittings in the historicist spirit.

The Museum was originally established as the city museum in 1923. Since 1968, its collections are located in a reconstructed classicist building, which has always been connected with trading in glass and glass refining throughout its history. The permanent exposition includes the production of engraved and cut glass on the topic of Where we come from, who we are and where we are heading from the 17th century until the present. It presents a summary of the history of engraving from its beginning until the triennial event of international symposiums of engraved glass that have been organised here since 1996. The exposition includes, among other things, articles made by the J. & L. Lobmeyr company and the local technical glass-making school.

The exposition is supplemented with crystal light fixtures in the historizing style.

Short-term exhibitions on history and also exhibitions presenting works by contemporary glass-making artists are held in the Museum's premises.

mailKamenicky Senov

Osvobození 69, Kamenický Šenov, 471 14

Phone:+420 487 712 040
E-mail:muzeumskla@kamenicky-senov.cz
Web:www.muzeumskla.cz
Foreign-language commentary
German
Texts in foreign language
English
German
Services and facilities
Museum Specification
fine arts

You could be interested in

load